G3-S Mounting Instructions
YAMAHA XT1200Z Super Tenere 2012-
These are instructions for mounting the shock to the motorcycle. The shock has been preset for your weight, skill, and riding type. The preset adjustments are listed on your Setup Sheet.
After mounting the shock please check the Sag. Click here for details.
Note: Click on the images to enlarge.
1. Using a Motorcycle Center Stand lift the Rear Wheel off the ground.
2. Remove the Stock Shock Absorber and Linkage, following the procedures in the Yamaha Service Manual.
3. Use a secure strap of some kind
4. Feed the G3-S through the bottom of the Swing Arm.
5. With the Shock in position insert Upper Shock Bolt and torque to factory specification. Route the Hydraulic Preload Adjuster into position.
6. Install the Linkage and torque all fasteners to factory specifications.
7. Remove the back Bolt from the right side Passenger Peg Bracket. Install the new included Bolt and Washer and torque to factory specifications.
|8. Place the Hydraulic Preload Adjuster Bracket onto the exposed newly installed Bolt on the back of the Passenger Peg Bracket. Use the included Nylock nut to secure Bracket to Frame.
Have Fun!! Go Ride!!
The shock is preset for you. Please check the sag before you ride.