G3-S Front Mounting Instructions
BMW R1150GS / R1200GSA 06-10
These are instructions for mounting the shock to the motorcycle. The shock has been preset for your weight, skill, and riding type. The preset adjustments are listed on your Setup Sheet.
After mounting the shock please check the Sag. Click here for details.
Note: Click on the images to enlarge.
1. Remove the stock shock absorber according to the procedures in the BMW service manual.
2. Install the G3-S shock through the center of the fork legs as shown. Note the position of the Clevis on top of the shock in the photo. Having it turned in this direction will ease installation. Make sure the aluminum Flange Washer is installed on the Clevis as in the photo. The flange will locate in the Frame.
3. Insert the Clevis post through the Frame hole. You may need someone to hold the shock in position while installing the top Bolt and Spacers.
4. With the post inserted through the frame, install top Flange Washer with the flange going into the frame.
Note the exposed threads after the Flange Washer is installed.
5. If your model shows the exposed threads as in the last picture use the included aluminum spacer. Some models will require this spacer.
|6. Apply Loctite to the Mounting Bolt.
7. After determining the proper spacer combination thread the Bolt and Washer into the Shaft. The Washer should tighten down onto the aluminum Spacer pulling the Shock tight against the Frame. When tightening the Bolt be sure that the Shock remains straight.
|8. Install the lower shock Bolt and torque to factory specifications.
Have Fun!! Go Ride!!
The shock is preset for you. Please check the sag before you ride.